Guest Artist Residencies
Consider us as guest artists-in-residence at your school or organization.
Puppet Pizzazz-Les Marionnette en Folies will create an extraordinary puppet educational experience that can involve all grade levels as well as teachers, parents, and community.
We are available for long or short term teaching artist residencies in local schools and International schools world-wide.
our most recent experience ...
Puppet Pizzazz was very fortunate to be invited twice in 2010 to the Khartoum International and Community School known as KICS. Director Greg Ruhe from Houston, Texas, and Director Charles Rabhi from Paris, France, combined their talents in Khartoum to share their puppetry expertise. Our KICS Residency included the following components:
- Performed assembly shows introducing their unique world of puppetry to students from pre-school through year 12 IBDP students.
- Visited classrooms and conducted a variety of hands on puppetry workshops.
- Taught a week long after school puppetry class. The students made giant shadow puppet creations that were used in a class project.
- Facilitated a teacher workshop dedicated to the subject of recycling. Over 100 educators from the greater Khartoum area made and performed with puppets created from plastic bags and other found objects.
- Performed and conducted workshops at the Jaref Home for Boys and the Cheshire House, a care facility for children with disabilities.
- Helped raise money for sponsored charities by providing featured entertainment at the KICSPA (Parent organization) Annual Street Fair,
a fundraiser open to the community and visited by 2000 patrons.
- Puppet Pizzazz astonished guests with larger- than- life puppet creations at private parties hosted by diplomats and the KICS school director.
Puppet Pizzazz would be honored to serve as Artists-in-Residence at your school and create a puppet experience that would impact all of your students, families and community.